Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seven Second Delay House Party


WFMU's Uncle Andy and Uncle Ken threw a house party. Above the door buzzer: "Lonely Hippie Party." This was not false advertising.

Irving is interviewed about 5 minutes in. I just missed: they went by age, and at 39, I was next in line when the show ended. Irving also scored the pinata and ate his own weight in cookies.

I love WFMU but this may have broken a standing rule against fraternizing with the enemy, or in my case fraternizing with the same side I am on. Fraternizing with my fraternity? The rule, when summarized, goes like this: Don't make friends with people based on their likes and dislikes. This rule has kept me from: donning the embroidered satin jacket of the American (Roller) Coaster Enthusiast club, attending Cheap Trick's Trickfest conventions, meeting any other Stay At Home Dads and in general prevented me from having any worthwhile conversations for the past seven years. And good riddance! What do I want with meeting a bunch of (like minded) comedy geeks (friends)!

Listen here. Or in the pop up player.

No comments: